Tuesday 19 June 2012

When the Moon Touched the Sun #3

The Moon turned, startled, and saw a hansom man in front of her. Tall and muscled, he was the colour of rich ochre, his eyes pools of warm brown, he was clothed in sunrays themselves. The Moon knew who stood before her and tears threatened to burst forth from relief.

The man looked at her with kindness in his eyes, kindness that she had never seen before. He fell to one knee and bowed his head to her. "Oh my beautiful lady, you do me a great honour in playing in my world."

The Moon reached forth and tilted the Sun's chin up. "No my lord, it is you who does me the honour, by letting me in. Till this day I have never known that such beauty could exist."

The Sun stood, clasping the Moon's hand between his own. "But you are beauty it's self, I am ashamed that you can even see what is before you, a creature as wonderful as you should not look upon something so dull and gray in comparison."

The words of her lover became all too much. "Oh my dear Sun," she said, her eyes glistening. "I could have never imagined that you'd be so kind, nor so hansom."

"My lady," Sun said, pulling her close to his chest. "There is no need to cry, I only say the truth. You must not cry, sadness is too dark an emotion for a face like yours to bear."

"Oh Sun. Sun, I do not weep for sadness, I weep for joy, I can finally be with you, after all this time apart I waited for you and you came to me." she looked up at him a smile on her face. "Hold me Sun, hold your Moon."

She wrapped her arms around his strong torso, keeping him in an iron grip. Realising what the woman had just said, what his Moon had just said, he put his arms around her, returning the embrace. He nuzzled at her hair and whispered, "My beloved Moon, you waited for me, just like you said."

No comments:

Post a Comment